axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: deploying Axis samples
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 19:30:43 GMT
Michael Peterson wrote:

> Can someone tell be the current way to deploy the Axis samples? I found that
> the documentation is out of date, and I added the jaxp 1.1 JAR to my
> classpath. Now I'm getting the following exceptions. Thanks in advance for
> any help.

I'm not sure why you added jaxp 1.1 JAR to your classpath.  Xerces contains
support for JAXP.  I've been running with Xalan, but if you want to
substitute Sun's crimson, you need to replace xerces.jar with *BOTH*
crimson.jar and jaxp.jar.

At the moment, you do need xalan.jar added to your classpath.  I hope to
remove this dependency at some point...

- Sam Ruby