axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <>
Subject Re: doLocal, jws, and http in general
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:25:54 GMT
Doug Davis wrote:
> The 'init' method or I should say the 'init' discussion was
> never really completed.  A lot of it all depends on how the
> lifecycle of handlers are eventually going to be done.
> 'init' is there to allow handler to, obviously, init them-
> selves.  The question is when should it be called: when
> it's first new'd or at first execution for each new service.
> Glen had started some work on lifecycle of handlers a long
> time ago but I believe at one of the f2f's lifecycle was
> either dropped or chosen to just be ignored for the time.
> So, perhaps this is a good time to reopen the discussion
> and settle it once and for all.

OK, FYI: As currently designed, the LocalDispatchHandler has state that
needs to be initialized, but should be sharable across threads.  I think we
need to be open to the possibility that other handlers will need to read
configuration data or to initialize a pool of objects.

- Sam Ruby

View raw message