axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: doLocal, jws, and http in general
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:57:34 GMT
Doug Davis wrote:

> This jws stuff all depends on which piece of logic you're talking
> about.  Like Glen said there are two pieces, the piece that maps
> the URL to a file on the file system, and then there's a piece that
> actually processes the file.  If certain transports (or the doLocal
> option) are configured so that they by-pass the handlers that
> do the URL->file mapping then yes additional lines of code will
> be needed for those transports (the lines you pointed to).

I would have been happy if you indicated that this was a quick hack to get
something up and running, but you seem to be implying that this is
intentional.

I personally do not believe that the HTTP transport should have knowledge
of what 'endsWith( ".jws")' means, or of any properies or constants which
begin with JWS.

If, however, we decide that it is the transports's responsibility to
resolve the file name (if any) that this URL might resolve to, then I am OK
with that.

- Sam Ruby