axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: [GUMP] Function Test Failure - Axis
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:34:23 GMT
Rob Jellinghaus wrote:

>I tend to prefer this (fix the underlying problem in the test) to:
>
>>> What I would like to do is to focus on factor out the
>>> transport tests from
>>> the tests which are simply intended to test the end-to-end
>>> operation of the
>>> system.

Interesting....  I explictly state in my note (conveniently omitted from
your quote) that I am not advocating the removal of any tests, but simply
the addition of ones that would help isolate the problem area.

Knowing that GetQuote("IBM") fails using the file transport brings forward
the suggestion from you that this test should be omitted.  Once we had the
piece of information that the same test succeeds using http/servlet, the
picture changes a bit, eh?

- Sam Ruby