axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Function Test Failure - Axis
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2001 02:29:05 GMT
Rob Jellinghaus wrote:

> Yes, this makes sense.  I think the functional tests should not reference
> external servers which may or may not be up (a la the xmltoday quote
> service).  The functional tests should only make localhost connections.
> Otherwise, we will continue to get spurious failures such as this.  What
do
> you all think?  (And yes, this is my bad for adding the doTestIBM method
in
> the first place...)

I'm not of one mind on this issue.  I will admit to a significant
temptation to rip this out.  But on the other hand, this is a sample that
we ship, and if it is unreliable or stops working, it behooves us to to
know this early.

This actually is the second XML service we have used.  There now are SOAP
servers out there which provide XML stock quotes.  We should be
interoperable with them...so it might be nice to have a demo WebService
which invokes another web service...

Here's a simple one: http://www.xmethods.net/detail.html?id=2

> You mentioned that you had patched FileReader's inability to handle the
> returned AxisFault.  Are you planning to check that in?  (or did I
mishear
> you?)

I made a number of improvements, previously it was looping over the same
file every 200 milliseconds...

Those changes have been checked in, but do not yet appear to be sufficient.

- Sam Ruby