axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <>
Subject RE: Default values for SOAPAction
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:03:50 GMT
> > - I am splitting AdminClient into an abstract superclass and
> > (very small)
> > transport-specific subclasses, to make it easy to write
> > AdminClients which
> > work over transports other than HTTP.
> I'd like to see a single AdminClient which picks a transport
> based on the
> URL you pass in (default is
> http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet/AdminService).

Incidentally, the current AdminClient does in fact do this, it just needs to
be moved out of the http package under client.  The only HTTP-specific thing
it does is set SOAPAction, and this is only picked up if we're using the
HTTP transport.  With the new defaults Sam is talking about, this shouldn't
even be necessary (although I still want to move to URL dispatch rather than

View raw message