axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject String echo test
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:32:28 GMT

Hi folks:

In test.encoding.TestString, we have the following:

    public void testStringWithEntities() throws Exception {
        runtest("&amp;&lt;&gt;&apos;&quot;", "&<>'\"");
    }

I think this is broken, in that if you pass a String as an argument to an
RPC call, Axis should take care of encoding it so that it is delivered
exactly as specified.  I propose we make this change to the library, and
then replace this test with:

    public void testStringWithEntities() throws Exception {
        runtest("&amp;&lt;&gt;&apos;&quot;", "&amp;&lt;&gt;&apos;&quot;");
    }
    public void testStringWithSpecialChars() throws Exception {
    }

Glen Daniels
Macromedia
http://www.macromedia.com/