axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Re: TypeMappings - lifecycles and locations
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 20:38:43 GMT
> I don't see engines as being global.  I could have a server application
> with multiple instantiations of AxisEngine.
>
> I can see the need for that application to provide additional mappings.  As
> one invokes an engine with a message context, this seems like a reasonable
> place to provide this information to me.

Does "this" mean the AxisEngine, or the MessageContext?

If an application containing an AxisEngine (or two) wants additional "global"
mappings, I can see putting them in the AxisEngine-scoped mappings, but don't
think putting them directly in the MessageContext makes any sense (unless
they're truly "per message" mappings, but I don't see any use-case for that).

--G