axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Daniels" <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/utils/cache JavaMethod.java
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 08:24:47 GMT
> dug:
> > Add support in the RPC java provider for passing in the msgContext.
> > It will search for the method with the params passed in the SOAPEnv
> > and then if it doesn't find it, it will then add msgContext to the
> > front and try again.
>
> My preference would be instead of a "try this, and if that doesn't work,
> try plan B" methodology, there was a positive statement in the deployment
> descriptor as to whether a MessageContext parameter is desired.

+1/2

I agree that this would be nice, but in the case of the fast-and-loose
deployment path (i.e. JWS files), the whole point is not to ask the deployer to
do any extra work.  If you want this optimization, I would suggest a compromise
solution, where the deployment descriptor MAY contain a flag which allows only
one search, but if such an indication isn't there, we will do the dual-search
once, and cache the result in the in-memory deployment info.

--Glen