axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Functional tests using samples?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 00:37:58 GMT
Ideally, all of the samples should be
run and verified as part of the build process.
-Dug

Rob Jellinghaus <robj@unrealities.com> on 05/31/2001 08:37:54 PM

To:   axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Functional tests using samples?

When writing the initial functional tests, I wanted a test of deployment,
service invocation, and undeployment.  Well, the stock sample was just
*sitting* there....  :-)

So I actually now have a dependency from test.functional into
samples.stock.

My question is, what do people think about this?  Is it awful to have a
sample that is also a test?  Personally, I think it's OK provided we limit
it to functional tests....

Or I could just move the stock sample into test/functional.  Still, it is
useful to have tests of the samples, to validate that they all work....

Cheers,
Rob