axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuhichi Nakamura" <NAKAM...@jp.ibm.com>
Subject Re: New Handler design - what do you think??
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 04:41:37 GMT

Agreed.

Performance on XML parsing would be critical, but we don't know how it
affect the total performance.  My preference is that Axis mainly provides
a functional platform, allowing to plug in performance-oriented components
mentioned here (at lease for now).
I am not sure if we have enumerated all performance-related factors in
terms of the whole Axis architecture.  Parsing is just one piece, I think.

Regards,

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-462-73-4668

From: "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com> on 2001/05/25 11:52

To:   <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Re: New Handler design - what do you think??

I didn't read it very carefully (I tried, but I'm too sleepy to
follow it right now), however, it seems overkill to me. Are there
really well-motivated use cases that demand this level of
flexibility?

This is again beginning to sound like a workflow engine
implementation.. pretty close to a WSFL impl ;-).

Maybe I am being too simplistic (and probably too tired) but I
just don't see real, practical use cases that require this
of flexibility.

Sanjiva.