axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From gdani...@macromedia.com
Subject RE: Fragment of deploy.xml with listeners
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 16:52:27 GMT

+1.

I like that, and in fact I like the general idea of an Axis "container"
which provides a bunch of the abstract services that Axis will require from
its environment, such as Listener control, JMX agent management, threading,
etc.  This means that a) we don't have to worry about replicating all the
patterns that app-server vendors have already been working on for ages, and
b) we can concentrate on the core SOAP server mechanics, which means we get
done sooner.

We can implement a "standalone" version of this container which simply
threads various things like TCP listeners, but I think you're right in that
the basic Axis engine shouldn't need to know anything about Listeners other
than their names.

Rob, as you're intimately connected with this stuff, what do you think of
this direction?  As someone who plans to embed Axis inside an application
server, I believe it's the right way to go.

--Glen