axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ernie Ong <er...@iss.nus.edu.sg>
Subject What /is/ Axis?
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 01:07:47 GMT
Hi,

I am deeply interested in Axis from the various sources I've gleaned
from.

However, I fail to find a clear statement of what exactly Axis is at
your site. There is already a SOAP project at Apache-XML, so where does
Axis fit it; how does it make sense given the SOAP activity at
Apache-XML?

Does it address the larger picture of web services and a complete-ish
SOAP framework, much like how Cocoon aims to address web publishing with
XML? (rather than simply being a SOAP system)

And what is the current status? I notice that little has changed for a
while.

In particular, depending on my workload, I'd like to get involved.

Thanks.

cheers,
ernie.