axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Jellinghaus <r...@unrealities.com>
Subject Re: transport/tcp/AxisListener.java
Date Mon, 28 May 2001 00:59:13 GMT
At 07:45 PM 5/27/2001 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
>If TCP was HTTP-MIME, I would be happy.  But you added back in content
>length.  And I presume that you would need something for sessions.  And then
>there is SOAPAction...

Yes, it's an ugly road of reinvention.  I thought I could get away without
any headers at all.  Silly me.

Originally I wanted to be able to interoperate with a rumored (by Glen :-)
TCP .NET binding.  No details emerged on that one though.  There is a TCP
binding for SOAP::Lite but interop with it is a low priority.

>If what you really wanted was a simple, standalone server that you could
>play with, then I totally agree.  Lets just converge on one.

Okey doke, and I'm down with it being SimpleAxisServer.  I was already
planning to create some functional tests with SimpleAxisServer as well (it
should be fairly easy now that the Ant groundwork is laid).

I may not take out the TCP code quite yet but nor will I do anything more
with it.

Cheers,
Rob