axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Jellinghaus <>
Subject Re: Random formatting questions
Date Sat, 26 May 2001 03:16:36 GMT
Well then, geez, are we mice or are we men???  Dare we set a two-space
standard on this project?  Is there anyone who really, firmly, passionately
wants tabs to be four spaces?  I am sure the answer is "yes" which will
doom us to four spaces as declared in the current standard....

...but if not, then let's standardize on two!!!  :-)

At 10:49 PM 5/25/2001 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
>From: "Rob Jellinghaus" <>
>> From The Java Code Conventions:
>> "Four spaces should be used as the unit of indentation."
>> I wondered about this, as *many* files in the system have a tab size of
>> two.  (I actually prefer two myself, but I will defer to the standard
>> here.)  What I really don't like is inconsistency, but c'est la vie.
>Truth be told, ditto.

View raw message