axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Jellinghaus <>
Subject Re: Random formatting questions
Date Sat, 26 May 2001 02:38:10 GMT
>From The Java Code Conventions:
"Four spaces should be used as the unit of indentation."

I wondered about this, as *many* files in the system have a tab size of
two.  (I actually prefer two myself, but I will defer to the standard
here.)  What I really don't like is inconsistency, but c'est la vie.

I am currently refactoring handlers/ and
handlers/ into providers/java/
(base class), and providers/java/ &
providers/java/ (subclasses).  This is to eliminate the
duplicate code between the dispatch handlers (while adding uniform session
support to both), and to start fleshing out the provider stuff.  It's a
substantial enough rewrite to be worth a reindent :-)

At 10:05 PM 5/25/2001 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
>For new committers, I would recommend taking a look at
>  Search for the word "must".  It
>appears three times.
>Some of the old committers seem to not realize that there will be javadocs
>produced.  :-P
>P.S.  I agree with Doug about no tabs and please only reformat if you do a
>significant rewite.  But if you do reformat, please consider the "musts"

View raw message