axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Jellinghaus <r...@unrealities.com>
Subject OT: favorite IDE?
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 18:13:41 GMT
What IDEs are people using on this project?

Actually, what I really want is to tell you about CodeGuide, the IDE I can
no longer live without.

Its killer feature is that it basically compile-checks all your code in the
background as you type.  So, if you have 20 source files open, and you
change (say) an argument type in a class referenced by many of those files,
it (in real-time) flags *all* the places that are affected (using a
Microsoft Word-like little red underbar, very elegant).

And if you change it back, all those errors vanish before your eyes.

It is *the* most effective refactoring environment I have ever used.  It is
so simple to see the effects of your changes.  Basically, it shortens the
edit-compile-run cycle to be just an edit-run cycle.  And you don't realize
how powerful that is until you've worked with it for a day or two.

www.omnicore.com, free trial version.

OK, I'll not mention it again now :-)
Cheers,
Rob