axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Jellinghaus <r...@unrealities.com>
Subject Pointer to Microsoft SOAP-over-TCP spec?
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 18:50:08 GMT
[resending via another SMTP server, since my original message hasn't yet
made it through xml.apache.org, possibly due to open relay issues...
apologies if you get this twice]

I mentioned in today's chat that I'm interested in building a socket-based
transport for Axis.  (See chat log for more background.)

Glen would like this to be interoperable with Microsoft's SOAP-over-TCP
transport.  I am currently websurfing for anything I can learn about said
transport, but if any of you have any pointers, I'd greatly appreciate
them.  Microsoft's website is amazingly good at burying things.

Ideally I'd like a spec for their wire format, but that might be too much
to hope for.  (Do they *want* anyone else to interoperate with their socket
transport?)

Cheers,
Rob