axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Types of Deployment (Re: Thoughts about .jws deployment)
Date Sun, 27 May 2001 13:17:26 GMT
Yuhichi Nakamura wrote:

> I am not sure, but you do not need write permission to use JSP.  The
engine
> just produces java and class files, and writes them on the disc by its
> right.

In JSP, you place a JSP file on the server, and the engine produces a class
file on disk.

> But for jws, you need write permission for the generated class files.

In JWS, you place a JWS file on the server, and the engine produces a class
file on disk.

I fail to see the difference.  Unless I'm missing something, those who are
comfortable with JSP will be comfortable with JWS.