axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Morgan Delagrange <morg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: is axis working?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:29:10 GMT

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Sam Ruby wrote:
>
> > Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> > >
> > > Sam, I didn't use your deployment instructions initially, but I believe
> > > I'm in compliance.  I believe that DOM also needs to be in your lib
> > > directory.
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean by "DOM" also needs to be in your lib directory.
> > Cut and pasted from my instructions:
> >
> >     In the axis/WEB-INF/lib directory, copy the axis.jar from the xml-axis
> >     distribution as well as the xerces.jar from the xml-xerces
> >     distribution.

> Your code imports org.w3c.dom.* in many locations, so I was under the
> (evidently mistaken) impression that axis requires the DOM jar.  Forget I
> mentioned it.

Ah I see, the DOM classes come bundled with Xerces.  Sorry, my confusion.

Has anyone had a chance to review my patch to RPCDispatchHandler.java?  I
think you'll find that it's a logical and minimal extension to the current
class.  There have been two revisions to that class since I submitted the
patch, but it will merge cleanly.

- Morgan