axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Message class
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:48:44 GMT
Yes, the pluggable approach is the direction I was hoping
we'd go.
-Dug

Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com> on 04/27/2001 09:44:58 AM

To:   "Axis-Dev (E-mail)" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Message class

How flexible do we want the Message class to be?   I'm not too psyched
about
the current tangled code in there, so I'd like to clean it up but I'm not
exactly sure how.  One option is to fix the number of forms which the
Message can take, and have explicit methods for those.  Another is to make
truly pluggable system which lets you register new forms, including
"converters" which know how to go from various other forms to your new
form.

Do we see use-cases for people inventing their own message representations?

Glen Daniels
Macromedia
Engineering Manager
http://www.macromedia.com/