axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Security Architecture
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:43:45 GMT

>>> I would suggest to define service groups, and each group is mapped to a
>>> particular servlet.  A single servlet for handling all services is not
>>> good idea. For deployment, I would never use AdminClient, rather would
>>> prepare configuration files that are loaded when AxisEngine or
Registory
>>> is instantiated.

You don't have to use the AdminClient.  Right now the server configuration
is stored in a file (granted its not XML and probably should be) but that
file is read-in during AxisEngine start-up - which is what you're asking
for.  If you don't want to use the AdminClient then don't deploy the
associated service.

-Dug