axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: New message model notes (part 1 - brief)
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:46:36 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:

> I think this kind of use case (I have some XML and want to send it inside
> a SOAP envelope) is pretty common, and we should support it in any case.

I agree - I was thinking server, and I sense that you were thinking client.
The current failure is that the server is not receiving a valid SOAP
message, and I interpreted your plans as intending to fix this on the
server.  Now I realize that you are thinking about fixing this on the
client.

> I was planning on fixing this by creating a new Message type,
> "BodyInputStream" or something like that, which would assume the input
> stream in the Message should be wrapped in a SOAPEnvelope.  This might
work
> by creating a SOAPEnvelope, and then making a new kind of SOAPBodyElement
> which contains an InputStream (or even a DOM Element).  That might enable
> really fast outputting where the output() method on that element just
hooks
> the stream up and plays it out....  Anyways, I'll get something working
and
> we can tear it apart afterwards.

Sounds good to me.  BTW, you need not fix everything yourself.  If you
don't have time, I can take it from here...

> You mean have the admin servlet accept raw XML as opposed to SOAP?

See above. Nevermind.

> Well - on the SERVER side it is already.  On the client, a quick
workaround
> I played with yesterday was just adding the <Envelope><Body> and
> </Body></Envelope> around the XML in the deploy.xml files.  I don't think
> that's really a good solution, though.

Actually, on the server side it ISN'T already.  Otherwise I wouldn't have
reported it.

- Sam Ruby