axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <>
Subject Message class
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:44:58 GMT

How flexible do we want the Message class to be?   I'm not too psyched about
the current tangled code in there, so I'd like to clean it up but I'm not
exactly sure how.  One option is to fix the number of forms which the
Message can take, and have explicit methods for those.  Another is to make a
truly pluggable system which lets you register new forms, including
"converters" which know how to go from various other forms to your new form.

Do we see use-cases for people inventing their own message representations?

Glen Daniels
Engineering Manager
                                Building cool stuff for web developers

View raw message