axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Parsing stuff
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:15:18 GMT

I've got a version of the multi-thread SAX parse working, though it needs a
bit of cleanup.  It's mostly a proof-of-concept.

I'm going to see if I can make some improvements, clean it up a bit, and
post it to the list tomorrow for review.

Basically, it does exactly what we talked about.  When you create a Message
around an InputSource, it spawns a thread which parses the <envelope>
element, makes sure it looks OK, and then suspends.  When anyone asks for
something from the Message (i.e. getHeaderByName(QName)), the parsing thread
wakes up and runs until it finds the desired thing or runs out of XML
(initially this just means getting to the end of the headers).  As it goes,
it creates SOAPHeader objects, which contain records of the SAX events
inside them, suitable for replaying to any ContentHandler.  Meanwhile the
other thread (the one that made the getHeaderByName() call) blocks until the
parse is complete.

Glen Daniels
Macromedia
Engineering Manager