axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Onnen <EOn...@c-bridge.com>
Subject RE: Parsing stuff
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:05:13 GMT
I was wondering the same thing myself. My understanding is that it is OK to
use threads that operate in an app server _outside_ the context of an EJB.
In other words, if your app server is also your web server, it is Ok to use
threading in the servlets, for example something like soap message routing.
But, I wonder how a multithreaded parser would respond inside the context of
an EJB. Most curious to hear the resolution.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@watson.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 10:59 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Parsing stuff

Aren't there major issues with app servers and thread management? I
thought that part of the server side programming model was that
user application components are not spsed to be creating threads ..
the app server does thread creation and mgmt.

I believe Xalan does something like this with DTM. I wonder how they
addressed this issue.

Sanjiva.