axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <>
Subject Re: Some source
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:36:49 GMT
"Reitzel, Charlie" wrote:

> I've been thinking along a new line lately.  Namely it is time to revive
> Data Binding and drive SOAP marshalling w/ generated classes based on XML
> Schema.  This would allow Java class names to be excised once and for all
> from SOAP messages, improve performance a great deal and still work well
> with the overall axis architecture of pluggable handlers.  Serializers can
> still be located by Java type and Deserializers can be located by
> URI/Element Type combination.

that is what we have done in SoapRMI experimenting with Castor. it works fine
for the simplest cases but we need more so we are preparing our own schema
subset compiler that willl generate classes for Java and C++.

> I went searching for Data Binding implementations (aka schema compilers) on
> Google the other day, but didn't find much, tho.  Anything at AlphaWorks?

check and i think also enhydra has some data binding
implemented (i am not sure what XML schema version though and how limited it

Aleksander Slominski, LH 316, IU,
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut
on the coast In the dusk of Autumn nightfall - Fujiwara no Teika(1162-1241)

View raw message