axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Timings for processing of small messages
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:06:39 GMT
graham glass wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> incidentally, the Electric XML 1.4 library for parsing
> and manipulating XML was just released, with almost double
> the performance of version 1.3.
>
> Electric XML 1.4 takes about 0.3 milliseconds to parse
> a standard small SOAP message similar to the one that
> sam posted. the benchmark sample i used is here:
>
> http://www.themindelectric.com/products/xml/benchmarks.html
>
> GLUE uses Electric XML/HTTP/servlets and currently
> gets around 550 SOAP messages/second round trip using
> HTTP 1.1 keep alive connections. i think the production
> release should be able to achieve better performance,
> maybe 800 messages/second.

i think that it is only meaningful when compared in exactly the same
environment.

could you add electric xml to tests that are already in echosoap? it would be
very interesting ot see how it compares with other parsers (you would need just
to add two new files and to modify *.bat file as i did with XPP in
http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom/echosoap/).

thanks,

alek
--
Aleksander Slominski, LH 316, IU, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut