axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: FYI : JDOM vs. DOM
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 18:50:01 GMT
gdaniels@macromedia.com wrote:

> And now DOM wins!

:-)

> I rescind my earlier position, with the caveat that these are still pretty
> lame tests. :)

it would be interesting to compare J/DOM with my test for Electric XML and XML
Pull Parser (XPP) at http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom/soapParseTest/.

i agree that generally comparing SAX to DOM is difficult but for AXIS probably
it would be appropriate if Electric/XPP/SAX/DOM/JDOM were building in-memory
message representation that is suitable for manipulations by other modules.

thanks,

alek
--
Aleksander Slominski, LH 316, IU, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut