axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <>
Subject Re: parser vote
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:33:08 GMT
Glen wrote:
>at least going to want to use JDOM when dealing directly with XML in
handlers I
>might write, so I'd like to make sure we don't do anything to preclude it.

One of the problems with this is that we're expecting people to write
their own handlers and we need to figure out what we want to expose to
them (internally using JDOM vs DOM isn't such a big deal) but we need to
consider how people will interface with us.  If we believe that most people
will want to use DOM mainly because in order to interface with their
technology they need a "standard" representation of the data then requiring
everyone to go through the pains of converting JDOM to DOM would probably
be too much.

I would prefer to make our lives harder (ie. use DOM internally) than make
our customer's lives harder.

View raw message