axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "James M Snell" <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject parser vote
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:54:12 GMT
All,

Until we figure out which parser we want for  Axis, I propose that we drop
JDOM and go with the JAXP interfaces.  This provides us the greatest
amount of flexibility and the most breathing room.  It doesn't meet our
requirement for not keeping the entire message object model in memory, but
I'm wondering if we should reevaluate the importance of that requirement
for version 1.0.  Until we can hammer it out, we need to get moving on
this.  Let's take JDOM out, put JAXP in, use whatever JAXP aware parser
you want to use and go from there.

In the meantime, some of us should get together with the Xerces guys and
work with them on performance and interface issues that would make Xerces
a better tool for Axis to use.  I volunteer for this, anybody else?  We
should have at least two or three so we can get a good representative
perspective.

- James Snell
     Software Engineer, Emerging Technologies, IBM
     jasnell@us.ibm.com (online)
     jsnell@lemoorenet.com (offline)