axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reasons for pull parser for streaming
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:31:30 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> gladly work with anybody on the Xerces team to isolate what our
> requirements are for the pull-parser and work with them on interface
> issues to get something put together.   Any takers?

Well, in Xerces 1.x, you should be able to enable the pull
parsing with the following code:

  parser.parseSomeSetup(inputSource);
  while (parser.parseSome()) {
    // no-op
  }

However, even though Xerces2 shares the same state machine
parsing mechanism, we haven't thought much about what the
real API should be for pull parsing. So we'd appreciate any
input you have. Although, I figure that it'll be somewhat
similar to what is in Xerces 1.x because I don't think we
plan to make a fundamental change to become similar to the
way that XPP works.

                           * * *

On a completely different topic can we please just quote the
relevent text instead of dropping the entire thread inline
to every response?