axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SOAPAction
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:30:14 GMT
s/laying parsing/lazy parsing/
-Dug

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS on 02/07/2001 09:26:56 AM

To:   axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Re: SOAPAction

I was looking at the spec and it talks about how the SOAPAction
header can be used for HTTP to indicate intent of the message.
Well, I was assuming that the SOAPAction should (not "must" but
"should") match the requested URI of the service for the simple
reason that if it doesn't match then what good is it?  If it doesn't
match then we're basic saying the user can lie about their intent.
Also, w/o having the target URI in the SOAPAction then we can
kiss laying parsing goodbye.  But like I mentioned in the code
I wasn't sure about it so I just wrote something to get us going.
-Dug

Jacek Kopecky <jacek@idoox.com> on 02/07/2001 09:05:56 AM