axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuhichi Nakamura" <NAKAM...@jp.ibm.com>
Subject Status of the current prototype
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 02:42:57 GMT

Folks,
I just have come back to this mailing list :-)
I just looked at the prototype, but it seems difficult for me to catch up
with this.
As a first step, I want to understand transport listener and sender stuff.

Are the following right?
   Transport Listener == AxisServlet
   Transport Sender == HTTPDispatchHandler

I am just wondering if sender/dispacther can be reusable at the client
side.
Why are there Msg/RPCDispatchHandlers apart from HTTPDispatchHandler?
These are my questions I had when I browsed the class names.  I have not
looked at the details.

Another question is: can we still implement a single service per a servlet
(or a
fixed set of services per a servlet) without the registry or the engine?
I need this style configuration for access control.  In other words, ACL is
done by a web server on which Axis is running.  Was there any discussion
about ACL in the engine?

Anyway, your help is really appreciated.

Best regards,

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-46-215-4668