axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: what's in the nightly releases?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 13:51:17 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> I just realized that we're doing nightly builds and dists
> of Axis.
>
> What exactly is in that? I'm surprised to see distributions
> at this time!

Every committer has access to the web site and the ability to produce
distributions.  If there are multiple competing proposals, then I encourage
more people to do it.

Nightly builds, and in some cases automated testing, is a common practice
of most Apache projects.  It seems that there is a large demand for early
access, even amoung those who are intimidated by things like cvs.

- Sam Ruby