axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuhichi Nakamura" <NAKAM...@jp.ibm.com>
Subject Re: RE: [Vote] 1 Msg or 2
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 16:02:15 GMT

>>Does Axis intend to support one-way messages? If so, how is this handled
>by
>>the 2 message version?
>Yes - in this case the outgoing message would/could just be null.
>Some people have talked about there needing to be an outgoing
>response even in this case (ie. an ACK) but that would be
>application specific - we'll support it being null.
Null for the outgoing is something curious.  If we had an existing engine,
and did not want to modify it, we would take such ad-hoc approach.
We are designing from scratch.  Why do we take such ad-hoc
solution?  I feel that this is very UGLY.  If most people feel that
this is VERY beautiful, this must be a good approach.
Is this the best way to support one-way?

Regards,

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-46-215-4668