axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: streaming outbound messages (was Re: [Vote] 1 Msg or 2)
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 01:54:08 GMT
Doug Davis wrote:

> Just wondering... let's say we get everything streaming
> and let's say that its soooo good that the outgoing
> message actually starts to leave the last handler
> before the before all other handlers are done.  And
> let's say that one of the handlesr (not the last one
> in the chain) throws a fault.  At this point the
> transport listener (or sender depending on how you
> look at things) has already send back an rc of 200
> but it really needs to be a non-ok rc, doesn't it?
> How does this get handled?

Default fault.  Produces output, then changes it's mind?  Gets an
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError?

Since we are defining what the contract for a handler is, we can define
away the former.  Or more precisely, define such an occurance as a invalid
handler and treat it as an instance of the latter.  The latter can happen
without streaming.  In fact, arguably, it is more likely to do so.

- Sam Ruby