axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Graham" <sggra...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: [AXIS ARCH] - Message Internals
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 14:09:14 GMT
Push and pull are descriptions of different ways that you can be passed an
I am somewhat concerned about using push or pull technologies.
I see the pro/con tradeoffs of using "streaming" push/pull parsing
vs "entire document" parsing).

Advantages of streaming parsing include: memory savings (entire doc does
not need to be in memory) and  potentially lighter memory utilization if
a "tight" object model for envelope is used vs DOM based object model.
There may be performance tradeoffs, but I have no personal experience to
judge this, although from previous postings in this conversation thread,
there seem to be better scalability factors here.

The biggest disadvantage I can see is that conforming to SOAP v1.1 spec
eliminates much of the advantages of this: