axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuhichi Nakamura" <NAKAM...@jp.ibm.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] 1 Msg or 2
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2001 14:56:49 GMT

Glen,
First of all, incoming/outgoing are not clear to me in intermediaries.
Input/output or request/response are clear.  Thoughts.

I am not sure what you say.  I assume that a output message is
first created by a pivot, then modified through handlers on
output chain.  In this case, you do not have to prepare
special room for outgoing (put) message.  Did I get your
point?

Regardsm

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-46-215-4668
FAX: +81-46-215-7413

From: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@allaire.com> on 2001/02/02 01:00

To:   "'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  RE: [Vote] 1 Msg or 2

+1 for 2 messages.

I continue to believe it is important for various handlers in the chain(s)
to be able to orthogonally build up pieces of an outgoing message.  If
there
is a specific place for such a message to live, then everyone will
naturally
just use it.  If we don't have two messages, we need to take some other
approach such as putting "candidate headers" that are destined for the
outgoing message into the context, and then rely on some handler down the
line to actually put them into the "real" outgoing message.  To me, this
seems fraught with peril. (not to mention melodrama, eh? :))

--Glen