axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Graham" <sggra...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSDL awareness
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:42:34 GMT
Sanjiva:
The requirements doc for Axis stated:
9.1  The service description should not be required (for instance, WSDL)

The WSDD schema that James and I committed last week has an optional
serviceDescription element that can refer to a WSDL document (or other
service description means for that matter.

At deployment time on the provider side, I can see some use for WSDL.
However much of the deployment information is modelled in WSDD elements,
because of requirement 9.1.

Do you see a role for WSDL processing at service invocation time?

sgg
++++++++
Steve Graham
sggraham@us.ibm.com