axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: RE: [Vote] 1 Msg or 2
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:21:11 GMT
>Does Axis intend to support one-way messages? If so, how is this handled
by
>the 2 message version?

Yes - in this case the outgoing message would/could just be null.
Some people have talked about there needing to be an outgoing
response even in this case (ie. an ACK) but that would be
application specific - we'll support it being null.

>What is an example where a request-processing handler needs access to the
>response message or vice versa.

Don't know if others will buy into this, but to me, I can see a header
handler process a header and want to send info back to the requestor
indicating some sort of response (maybe something as simple as 'yes I
did it' or possibly even something more complex) and that response
might go back in a header in the response stream.  So in this case
I can see a header handler adding stuff to the outgoing stream before
the service-handler is even invoked.
-Dug