axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuhichi Nakamura" <NAKAM...@jp.ibm.com>
Subject Re: where are handlers (sb headers) blown away?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 15:20:50 GMT

Hi Steve,
>>Re: Output chain
>>The application we have devloped for a customer requires
>>digital signature for responses.  More specifically, a company (A)
>>asks another company (B) to send a order form with dig-sig.
>>A is a requestor and B is a service provider in this case.
>>Make sense?
>I understand the scenario you have described.  The question I have,
>is the digital signature on the output chain marked "mustUnderstand"?
>What are the semantics of this?  Is the requestor obliged to throw a
>mustUnderstand fault upon receipt of the response? (section 2 of SOAP
>spec indicates this is what requestor must do).  How does the
>provider get notified that the requestor threw the fault?  What should
>the provider do, attempt to undo the original service invocation?

The digital signarure for the response does not have to be marked
"mustUnderstand" in the particular case.  But potentially marked.

Faults for responses are not mustUnderstand-specific problems.
For example, if a response is ill-formatted, that is also a fault.
I think that you provided a  mechanism to notify errors to
providers with a MQ object.  This is not a part of (core) engine,
but a library.  I think that such library approach seems appropriate
for this particular case.

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
Tel: +81-46-215-4668