axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SOAPAction
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:17:39 GMT
>We could require a specific SOAPAction to go with every HTTP request
>to a particular service, so that the firewalls/proxies on the way can
>use that reliably to block/allow such connections from various
>sources. But since the SOAPAction URI would be fixed for a service in
>this scenario, it wouldn't help us inside Axis. It would help outside
>Axis, though, and this, I think, was the intent of the spec writer.

Actually, I think this was the intent and is the way we should use it.
So if the SOAPAction URI doesn't match the URI in the SOAP Envelope
we should fault.  So, yes it's for outside of Axis but it's also for
inside (we double check it).  But that's just my opinion of the
way the chad is dimpled.  8-)

-Dug