axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "MURRAY,BRYAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <bryan_mur...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Proposed Modification: AxisFault
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 02:43:54 GMT
That clears it up for me - thanks. The section of the spec quoted by James
did not mention being a qualified name and I have not seen any examples
using a qualified name.

This seems like an oversight in the spec to me - it seems like examples
would be more useful if they did not use the default namespace so it is more
apparent when a namespace is expected versus not present.

Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Graham [mailto:sggraham@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 1:40 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Proposed Modification: AxisFault

Section 4 of the SOAP spec says:
"faultcode
The faultcode element is intended for use by software to provide an
algorithmic mechanism for
identifying the fault. The faultcode MUST be present in a SOAP Fault
element and the faultcode
value MUST be a qualified name as defined in [8], section 3. SOAP defines a
small set of SOAP
fault codes covering basic SOAP faults (see section 4.4.1)"

So the faultcode must be a qname.  This seems obvious from the spec, am I
missing something?

++++++++
Steve Graham
sggraham@us.ibm.com