axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "MURRAY,BRYAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <bryan_mur...@hp.com>
Subject RE: SOAPAction
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 18:30:00 GMT
If SOAP (or XP) is ever to be truely transport independent, routing
information will need to be inside the SOAP headers. I accept that the Body
should never need to be opened for this type of processing - one of the
benefits of a streaming parser, it is possible to stop parsing when you have
the information you want. I also accept that HTTP routing can be done using
information available only to HTTP (ie. target URI, and SOAPAction or other
HTTP headers), but this doesn't really constitute a SOAP processor because
it is not processing SOAP.

Bryan Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: James Snell [mailto:jmsnell@intesolv.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 10:09 AM
To: 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: SOAPAction

In order to process the contents of a message, the envelope must be opened.
However, there is a variety of ways to process the receipt of a message with
out opening it. i.e., routing, logging, queue, etc.  You may have a
intermediary service that does nothing but routing of the message in which
case the envelope may never have to be opened (it may be that due to various
security requirements, the intermediary may not even be allowed to open the
envelope even if it wanted to).

- James