axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "MURRAY,BRYAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <bryan_mur...@hp.com>
Subject RE: where are handlers (sb headers) blown away?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 22:41:32 GMT
I interpret the quoted section from the SOAP spec to mean that if you do
come accross an element in the SOAP header containing the mustUnderstand
attribute you must be able to process that element sometime during the
message processing, not that it necessarily needs to be itemized before
proceeding to the processing of all message elements. Section 2 doesn't give
enough detail to indicate the order of processing between header elements
and body elements, much less mandatory header elements relative to other
header and body elements.

Bryan Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Graham [mailto:sggraham@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2001 5:30 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: where are handlers (sb headers) blown away?

Yuhichi:
Section 2 of the soap spec indicates that:

"Verify that all mandatory parts identified in step 1 are supported by the
application for this
message (see section 4.2.3) and process them accordingly. If this is not
the case then discard the
message (see section 4.4)."

It seems to me that the mustUnderstand checking must happen up front in
order to
remain compliant with soap spec.  Don't you agree?

	.
	.
	.