axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "MURRAY,BRYAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <bryan_mur...@hp.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] 1 Msg or 2
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 22:19:56 GMT
Does Axis intend to support one-way messages? If so, how is this handled by
the 2 message version?

What is an example where a request-processing handler needs access to the
response message or vice versa.

Thanks,
Bryan Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 10:59 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Vote] 1 Msg or 2

Like someone said, I don't remember who, one or two messages
doesn't preclude streaming - each message could be a stream
(or not depending on what we decide).  What we're really
trying to determine is whether or not we have two of these
thingies, or in other words, do we:
1 - have a single message passed to each handler and the
    handler can tweak the message as it sees fit, but then
    returns a single message for the rest of the chain
or
2 - have two messages passed to the handlers, one representing
    the incoming/request message and one representing the
    outgoing/response message and the handler can tweak either,
    or both, but then those two are then passed on to the rest
    of the chain.
To stream or not to stream is a different issue (to me anyway).
-Dug

"George I Matkovits" <matkovitsg@uswest.net> on 02/04/2001 01:43:53 PM