axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@allaire.com>
Subject RE: SOAPAction
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:52:53 GMT
I disagree re: saying sayonara to lazy parsing.

Figuring out which service to dispatch to can be done at ANY stage in the
pipeline.  For isntance, the email address which receives a SOAP message may
map to only a single service.  The same holds true for an HTTP URL, or
dispatch might be completely accomplished by a "service-id=" query-string
parameter.

SOAPAction is simply one transport-specific way that dispatch to the target
service MIGHT be accomplished.  Depending on the particular endpoint, you
may or may not be able to uniquely identify a service/chain before you
parse.  So if you want lazy parsing, you make sure there's some way to do
it.

--Glen