axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@allaire.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] 1 Msg or 2
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:00:33 GMT

+1 for 2 messages.

I continue to believe it is important for various handlers in the chain(s)
to be able to orthogonally build up pieces of an outgoing message.  If there
is a specific place for such a message to live, then everyone will naturally
just use it.  If we don't have two messages, we need to take some other
approach such as putting "candidate headers" that are destined for the
outgoing message into the context, and then rely on some handler down the
line to actually put them into the "real" outgoing message.  To me, this
seems fraught with peril. (not to mention melodrama, eh? :))

--Glen