axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Today's IRC log
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:57:42 GMT
Jacek Kopecky wrote:

>  Does anybody know of a pull XML parser API that would at least aspire
> to become standard (as IMHO SAX successfully did) ?

when you find such please let me know - when i was writing my XML pull parser i
could not find anything except Trantor XP (http://www.trantor.de/xml/) and KXML
(http://www-ai.cs.uni-dortmund.de/SOFTWARE/KXML/).

therefore i have modeled my API after them only making some small changes necessary
for low memory usage and perfomance in Java and C++ (for example i do not create
new StartTag for each element but i allow to recycle them, for details please see
http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/soap/PullParser/PullParser11/doc/api/xpp/package-summary.html).

i think that XmlReader
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/ecma/main.asp?Class=XmlReader)
can be built on top of a simpler pull parser that is doing simple pulling xml
events from stream.

it is not clear for me what are XmlReader bindings for Java and C++- could not find
them...

thanks,

alek
--
Aleksander Slominski, LH 316, IU, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut